We're a global justice federation working to achieve social justice, gender equality and poverty eradication.
We work closely with local community groups in Haiti. We provide funding and training to help them get what they need – from clean water and basic health services, to the right to education, to business loans, to having more say in decisions that affect them.
ActionAid Haiti aims to contribute to the establishment of a Haitian society that is profoundly transformed in its structures and governed by a decentralized state that respects human rights and demonstrates a democratic and transparent structure. The programs and projects address the structural causes of poverty by strengthening the capacity of communities to voice their demands. In addition, the approach is participatory, seeking to involve the main stakeholders in finding solutions to their problems. Particular attention is paid to gender equality. This point is transversal in all activities. Thus, the projects included in the Country Program take into account these considerations and are implemented in partnership with local organizations.
To fight alongside the excluded and vulnerable to resoundingly defeat all forms of poverty, exclusion, injustice and inequality in our society.
Our core values:
- Mutual respect, which compels us to recognize the innate value of each person and the importance of diversity.
- Equity and justice, which requires us to ensure that our purpose is achieved for all people, regardless of gender, sexual orientation and gender identity, race, ethnicity, caste, class, age, HIV status, disability, place of residence and religion.
- Integrity, which requires honesty, transparency and accountability at all levels regarding the effectiveness of our actions and use of resources, as well as openness in our judgments and relationships with others.
- Solidarity with people living in poverty and exclusion, which will be the sole element of our commitment to the fight against poverty, injustice and gender inequality.
- The courage of our convictions, which requires creativity and radicalism, audacity and innovation - without fear of failure - to effectively combat the causes of poverty, injustice and gender inequality.
- Independence from any religious or political affiliation.
- The humility to recognize that we are only one part of a vast alliance to fight poverty and injustice.